For generations of Aussies, Jenolan Caves has been a favourite family holiday destination, where we help you enjoy unique activites, regardless of your age. Jenolan is a magical place, where you can create memories that your family will cherish forever. We have a very strong 'family focus'. What can we offer for your family?
- Jenolan Caves is open every day, including Christmas.
- All parking is FREE of charge.
- For most of our 'show' cave tours , if your child has not yet started school, we admit them FREE of charge.
- We offer family tickets, providing savings for families of 2 adults and up to 3 school aged children.
- We offer lower priced age-pensioner tickets for most of our 'show' caves - great for grandparents!
- For older, less mobile family members, some of our 'show' cave tours are easier than others, for example, the beautiful Imperial Cave.
- When you purchase one of our 'show' cave tours:
- future 'show' cave tours are half price, on the same day, or any day, up to a year!
- you also receive a FREE self-guided audio tour of the Nettle Cave, including a lively commentary for younger children. You do the self-guided tour at your own pace, so less mobile visitors can take the stairs slowly.
- Say 'Goodbye' to boredom! You can take your family on guided tours of a wide range of caves, each one different. Each show cave tour goes for 1 to 2 hours. Adventure caving goes from 2 hours to 6 hours. We can keep your family occupied for several days.
- It is FREE of charge to wander through the public areas of Caves House (the historic hotel), the Grand Arch, the Devils Coach House Cave and to stroll along our bushwalks, spotting native wildlife.
In NSW school holidays, we offer:
For disabled family members, we offer:
- parking close to the Ticket Office, and
- with prior booking, we can provide a wheelchair tour, with one carer admitted FREE of charge. Cave access is limited to the first chamber of the Orient Cave, but it is a very rewarding experience.
For non-English speaking family members, we offer:
- our digital, self-guided Nettle Cave tour is available in several languages. You receive our self-guided tour FREE of charge, when you purchase a 'show' cave tour. Languages include Arabic, Korean, Mandarin and many others.
- Light lunches, snacks & drinks are available in our convenient bistro, on the ground floor of Caves House hotel.
- If you bring your own food, you can use the barbeques in our 3 car parks.
- You can picnic along any of our bush tracks or beside the beautiful Blue Lake.
- Snacks, cakes & drinks are available in our convenient bistro, on the ground floor of Caves House hotel.
- Delicious Devonshire Tea (hot drink, scones, jam and cream) is served in Jeremiah's Bar, upstairs in Caves House hotel - very popular!
- Ensuited family rooms are available in both historic Caves House hotel and Mountain Lodge.
- Our 'Traditional' guest house rooms (with shared bathrooms) are a lower priced option, but popular with family groups.
- Our fully self-contained bush cottages are extremely popular with family groups.
- Our backpacker lodge, the GateHouse, is our lowest priced option, offering communal bathrooms and kitchens. These self-catered options are fun and popular with families.